|Mayor||Kurt Crosthwaite 563-847-2107 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|City Clerk||Melissa Conner
|Public Works Superintendent||
|Public Works Employee||Joseph Miller|
City Phone Numbers
|City Office Phone||(563) 847-2190|
|Public Works Department||(563) 212-3654
|Non-Emergency Sheriff’s Department||(563) 242-9211|
CRIME STOPPERS OF CLINTON COUNTY
You can now submit an anonymous tip for crimes in Grand Mound or Clinton County as a whole. The App P3 is free to download and you can also submit tips by clicking HERE
Emergency Management Clinton County
Report Storm Damage HERE
City Officials & Meeting Schedule
The City Council meets the second Monday of each month at 7 pm at City Hall located at 615 Sunnyside St. Citizens are welcome to attend. Current agendas are available at City Hall.
City Hall Hours
Monday through Thursday from 6:00 am to 4:00 pm. City Hall may be closed at times during the day for employee lunch, breaks, and for the City Clerk to attend City functions or complete errands.
City Provided Utilities
The City of Grand Mound provides water, sewer, garbage and recycling. Utility bills are due by the 20th of each month and if payment in full is not received before 7:30 a.m. on the 1st of the month services may be disconnected. Payment methods accepted include check, money order and/or cash. Payments can be mailed to PO Box 206, Grand Mound, or placed in the drop box on the left hand side of the front door at City Hall, or made in person at City Hall. An additional option is to call Govpaynow 24/7 at 1-888-604-7888 with code A00009 and your account #. If you do not have your account # you can use 52751 or at www.govpaynow.com
Garbage is picked up every Tuesday beginning at 7 am.
- Garbage is picked up curbside.
- No Bulk Garbage Pickup. All items must fit inside of City provided trash bins or you may request a residential dumpster at a rate of $15.00 per week, for up to two weeks.
- Limit of 3 trash cans per residence. Properties were provided one trash bin per property. Citizens may purchase up to two additional trash bins by contacting the City Clerk.
CLICK HERE for a link to the landfill's brochure
Recycling is every Wednesday beginning at 7 am.
- Recycling is picked up curbside in the black recycling carts. All recycling must fit inside of the cart with the lid closed. No other bins will be emptied. Recycling must be clean. Boxes are required to be broken down.
The City must pass along charges for appliance disposal.
The following items may be set out for recycling on Wednesdays, with a max weight limit of 50 lbs per item. The charges for each item are as follows:
i. Non-Refrigerant items - $9.00 each
ii. Refrigerant items - $19.00 each
iii. Tires off rims - $2.00 each
iv. Tires on rims - $3.00 each
v. Computer Towers, CPUs and small printers/copiers $5.00 each
vi. All Computer monitors and televisions (screen size 20 inch or less) - $10.00 each
vii. Large copier/printers - $10.00 each viii. Televisions (screen size over 20 inches) - $19.00 each
2 yard dumpsters are available to rent for a fee of $15.00 per week (Tuesday through Wednesday). You may have a dumpster up to two weeks at a time. Please call City Hall at (563) 847-2190 to request a dumpster. Dumpsters are delivered on Wednesdays.
Yard Waste is picked up Mondays beginning at 7:00 am from May 1st through November 30th weather permitting. Citizen's may take their compost to the City Compost pile located South/West of the Sewer Lagoons on 250th Street in Grand Mound. The Compost site is open year round.
- Compost may be placed in Yard Waste Disposable Kraft Paper Bags, sealed, with a max weight of 50 lbs or may be placed in 20-30 gallon containers with a lid and handles that are waterproof and leak resistant, with a max weight of 50 lbs.
- Branches may be placed out for pick up that are no longer than 5 feet and a diameter of 6'' or less. Multiple branches shall be bundled and tied with twine or rope in a total diameter of 18'' or less.
- In the event of a weather related cancellation, a message will be placed on Channel 20 and the City Facebook Page.
- "A Pet License, is a lost Pet's Ticket Home!" ~ Renewing Pet License/Tags🐶🐱: Pet tag renewals are due by October 1st each year. All dogs and cats, 6 months of age, or older; are required to have a pet tag. To purchase a pet tag, please provide proof of your pet's up to date rabies vaccine. The cost for non-spayed/neutered pet tags are $15.00. To purchase a discounted pet tag at $5.00 please provide a certificate of spay/neuter from your vet. You may request a renewal tag and submit your information online by completing this form (CLICK HERE) and e-mailing it to email@example.com. You may then submit the payment online by clicking HERE. Please use PLC Code A00009 and Account Number: 52751
Non-operable (Junk) Vehicles
Non-operable vehicles are not allowed to be stored on property. Any vehicle shall not be parked on a public street in one spot for more than 48 hours.
Snow Removal on Sidewalks
Snow removal on sidewalks must take place within a reasonable time after a snowfall. Properties with snow removal violations will be abated by the city and assessed accordingly.
Residents are to keep lawns mowed regularly and in a neat condition with grass no more than 8” in length. If not done so, notice will be given by the City to mow the grass or the City will mow the property and bill the resident accordingly.
Accumulation of Refuse
Accumulation of refuse is considered a nuisance in Grand Mound. Therefore, do not accumulate junk/refuse on property.
The City of Grand Mound has an ordinance regarding use of golf carts within city limits. A copy of the Ordinance is available HERE and you must obtain a Golf Cart Permit. A Golf Cart Permit is available at City Hall with a permit fee of $20.00 per year. Permits expire on December 31st of each year. You must bring your Golf Cart to City Hall to be inspected, and a flag and slow moving vehicle sign are required, along with proof of Insurance and a valid driver's license.
STREETS: A link to the City's next 5 year Pavement Management Plan (PMP) is available here. A link to the City's previous 5 year Pavement Management Plan completed by ISG Engineering, is available by clicking HERE. This plan document gives detailed information on the conditions of each street and the proposed/planned maintenance schedule for each street over the next 5-6 years.
Periodic Exam (By the State Auditor's Office) Please click here to view the latest Periodic Exam.
City Election Information click here
Clinton County Veterans Affairs Service Officers:
226 11th Street Dewitt, IA 52742
Ray Hitchcock 563-370-2482 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Osmun 563-212-9302 email@example.com
Instructions to locate a name/plot click HERE
Cemetery Plot Maps
A-Z Last Name Record to cross reference with Block Records
Cemetery Block Records to cross reference with Block/Plot Maps above
Google Maps Evergreen Cemetery with Blocks Laid Out
Evergreen Cemetery Aerial Map from Beacon
Name Record (This is an old record that may not include all names to date)
1978 Cemetery Check Record Update
Cemetery Plots are $300.00. A cemetery plot may have 1 casket burial and 1 cremation or 2 cremation burials per plot. Please contact City Hall to request to purchase a cemetery plot. Thank you!