|Mayor||Kurt Crosthwaite 847-2107|
|City Clerk||Melissa Conner
|Public Works Director||Steve Kilburg
|Public Works Assistant||Ken Geffers|
City Phone Numbers
|City Office Phone & Fax||(563) 847-2190|
|Public Works Department||(563) 847-2190
(563) 579-1125 (cell)
|Non-Emergency Sheriff’s Department||(563) 659-3621|
City Officials & Meeting Schedule
The City Council meets the second Monday of each month at 7 pm at City Hall located at 615 Sunnyside St. Citizens are welcome to attend. Current agendas are available at City Hall.
City Hall Hours
Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm.
City Provided Utilities
The City of Grand Mound provides water, sewer, garbage and recycling. Utility bills are due by the 20th of each month and if payment in full is not received by the last day of the month they will be disconnected. Payments methods accepted include check, money order and/or cash. Payments can be mailed to PO Box 206, Grand Mound, or placed in the drop box on the left hand side of the front door at City Hall, or made in person at City Hall.
Garbage is picked up every Tuesday beginning at 7 am.
- Garbage is picked up curbside.
- No Bulk Garbage Pickup. All items must fit inside of City provided trash bins.
- Limit of 3 trash cans per residence.
CLICK HERE for a link to the landfill's brochure
Recycling is every Wednesday beginning at 7 am.
- Recycling is picked up curbside.
- Corrugated cardboard boxes must be broken down to 3 ft. x 3 ft. or less.
- Do not place recyclables in plastic bags.
- Food and beverage glass only (clear, green and brown)
- Foot and beverage tin cans must be clean and have labels removed.
- #1 through #7 plastic containers.
- Newspapers, phone books, magazines, catalogs and corrugated cardboard only.
- Do not bundle newspapers or magazines with twine, string or tape - place loose in bin.
- Plastic bags are NOT accepted in the program. Take plastic grocery bags to local stores.
The City must pass along charges for appliance disposal.
Non-freon items: $10.00
- Washing machines and dryers
- Water heaters
Freon items: $10.00
- Refrigerators and freezers
- Air conditioners
Electronic items: Fee varies
- Computer monitors, towers and printers
Please contact City Hall for information regarding disposal of other items such as tires, lawnmowers or other electronic equipment.
Dumpsters are available to rent for a fee of $15.00 per week. You may have a dumpster up to two weeks at a time. Please call City Hall at (563) 847-2190 to request a dumpster.
Yard Waste is picked up Monday and Thursday beginning at 7 am.
- Limbs and brush should be bundled with twine.
- Yard waste may be burned (please keep your neighbors comfort and weather conditions in mind).
- "A Pet License, is a lost Pet's Ticket Home!" ~ Renewing Pet License/Tags🐶🐱: Pet tag renewals are due by October 1st each year. All dogs and cats, 6 months of age,or older; are required to have a pet tag. To purchase a pet tag, please provide proof of your pet's up to date rabies vaccine. The cost for non-spayed/neutered pet tags are $15.00. To purchase a discounted pet tag at $5.00 please provide a certificate of spay/neuter from your vet. You may request a renewal tag and submit your information online by completing this form (CLICK HERE) and e-mailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may then submit the payment online by clicking HERE. Please use PLC Code A00009 and Account Number: PTAG
Building permits are required and must be approved by the City Council before any building can take place on a property. This includes houses, additions, sheds, garages and decks. You can access a building permit by clicking on here ---> PG1 & PG2 or in person at City Hall, or e-mail the City Clerk to request a copy at email@example.com There is a $15.00 building permit fee that is required when you submit the permit for approval.
Non-operable (Junk) Vehicles
Non-operable vehicles are not allowed to be stored on your property. Any vehicle shall not be parked on a public street in one spot for more than 48 hours.
Snow Removal on Sidewalks
Snow removal on sidewalks must take place within 48 hours of a snowfall or the City will clear the snow, without notice to you, and bill you accordingly.
Residents are to keep lawns mowed regularly and in a neat condition with grass no more than 6” in length. If not done so, notice will be given by the City to mow the grass or the City will mow the property and bill the resident accordingly.
Accumulation of Refuse
Accumulation of refuse is considered a nuisance in Grand Mound. Therefore, do not accumulate junk/refuse on process, around you house, or on your property.
The City of Grand Mound has an ordiance regarding use of golf carts within city limits. A copy of the Ordinance is available HERE and you must obtain a Golf Cart Permit. A Golf Cart Permit is available at City Hall with a permit fee of $20.00 per year. Permits expire on December 31st of each year. You must bring your Golf Cart to City Hall to be inspected, and a flag and slow moving vehicle sign are required, along with proof of Insurance and a valid driver's license.
Peddler & Solicitor Permits
The City of Grand Mound requires any peddler or solicitor to obtain a permit to sell or solicit items within the City of Grand Mound. A link to the Permit Application is available HERE or you may contact the City Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy be mailed to you. Please note, Peddler's & Solicitors requesting a permit to sell on the 4th of July must submit their application and required bond documentation BEFORE JUNE 15TH each year. Any applications received after June 15th will be denied.
STREETS: A link to the City's 5 year Pavement Management Plan completed by ISG Engineering, is available by clicking HERE. This plan document gives detailed information on the conditions of each street and the proposed/planned maintenance schedule for each street over the next 5-6 years.