Electricity & Natural Gas
Alliant Energy provides electricity and natural gas for residents in the city of Grand Mound.
P.O. Box 351
Cedar Rapids IA 52406-0351
Water & Sanitation
A municipal water system is operated by the city, along with the sewage treatment plant. Water meters are read monthly during the last week of the month. Total fees due include water, sewer, storm sewer, and garbage charges and are due on the 20th of the month. New residents are required to pay a $100 customer deposit, before service can be started. Accounts not paid by the 20th of the month; will receive a $5.00 late fee penalty. Any account not paid in full by the last day of the month; is subject to disconnect and will require a $30.00 re-connect fee.
Payments can be made via check, cash, money order, or credit/debit card. Payments are accepted in person at City Hall, or via the drop box at City Hall or online at www.govpaynet.com PLC CODE A00009. Please note a small fee is associated with using a credit/debit card set by Govpaynet. You may also make your payment over the phone by calling 1-888-604-7888; which is available 24/7. You can also call City Hall at 563-847-2190 and provide your card information over the phone.
Garbage & Recycling
Garbage is picked up curbside every Tuesday beginning at 7 am.
Recycling is picked up curbside every Wednesday beginning at 7 am. If your home does not have a Recycling Bin, you can stop into City Hall to pick up a new bin while supplies last.
Appliances/White Goods: Large home appliances such as stoves, refridgerators, water heaters, washing machines, dryers, deep freezes, dehumidifiers, humidifiers, and microwaves are an additional charge of $7.00 each.
Tires: car/light truck tires are an additional charge of $2.50 each off the rim and $3.50 each on the rim.
- $5.00 per computer tower & small printer
- $10.00 per computer monitor, tv with a screen size of 20 inches or less, large copier/printer, comptuer server
- $15.00 per tv with a screen size over 20 inches
- $5.00 per item for scanners, video cameras, VCR/DVD players, Radios/CD players, Cable & Satelitte Equipment, Fax Machine, Phones & Cell Phones.
Items allowed to be RECYCLED
- Tin Cans
- Plastic food containers #1-#7 (no styrofoam or plastic bags/films)
- Glass food jars
- Aluminum foil, pans, and cans.
- newspapers, office papers, magazines (Loose in Bin)
- Corrugated Cardboard no larger than 3x3 sections
- Chipboard/Fiberboard (Soda, cereal boxes, etc.)
*Containers must be contaminant free and no lids are accepted on containers*
Grand Mound Co-op Telephone/Grand Mound Communications
705 Clinton Street
Grand Mound, IA 52751